Notice From Pastor Patti Regarding
Health Care Precautions In The Church
In light of the Coronavirus (COVID – 19) pandemic, I am encouraging the church to pay particular attention to this challenge by taking any precautionary measures necessary in keeping yourself and others safe. Please use the hand sanitizers that are available in both foyers when you enter and leave the building and as frequently as you deem necessary. I am encouraging a “social distancing” by not shaking hands or participating in other greeting that brings you into a physical contact with others. Thank you for your consideration of this matter.
In light of the most recent N.B. Health bulletin regarding precautions for groups of 150 or more gathering, I have cancelled the Creation Ministries presentation we had scheduled for the end of this month.
Vision Statement…..TELL – TEACH – TRAIN
We are committed to TELL the lost of the redeeming love of Jesus Christ, TEACH the Word of God and TRAIN men, women, youth and children to be Spirit-filled leaders in our world.
Connecting to God and each other
Coming together is a great way for each of us to grow in our faith. Reading our Bibles and praying are great ways to get closer to God, but each of us has important lessons to impart to one another. When we come together in fellowship, we teach each other things. God gives us a gift of learning and growing when we come together in fellowship we show each other how to live as God wants us to live, and how to walk in His footsteps.
Fellowship Makes Us Stronger
No matter where we are in our faith, fellowship provides us with strength. Being around other believers gives us the chance to learn and grow in our faith. It demonstrates to us why we believe and is the excellent food for our souls.
Small Groups for 2020
- Ladies Bible Study – Donna Gillies @ the church- Wed. noon (Please note – On Feb. 26th, we will meet at 11 am…one hour earlier.) You can still bring your lunch and we will have lunch after the study instead of before.
- Liz Wall and Gail Chartrand’s class- Liz’s home – Monday @ 7:oopm
- Rick Costain’s study group — at the home of Acil & Linda Cole at 1:30 on Tuesday’s. They are following the Nazarene Sunday quarterly which this month is about the minor prophets. This week “Putting Your House in Order” and the prophet is Haggai.
BELIEVE home classes – please be sure to send your attendance to “email@example.com.” (We keep a record of attendance which is sent to the district.)
Contact Rick Costain @ firstname.lastname@example.org or phone – 387-8076 If you would like to be contacted through the prayer chain, please let Rick or Alice know.
Praying for our congregation this week …
Bud & Eleanor Joyce
Rev. Dale & Sandy Thistle (Loss of son-in-law)
Please continue to pray for the needs of those who are sick this flu season.
Rising Tide Prayer Meeting – Tuesdays @ 2 p.m. in the prayer room led by Laura Selig & Donna Gillies. Praying for the needs in Greater Moncton area. Everyone is Welcome.
Easter Sunday is coming soon! This is when the Church of the Nazarene takes up a special Easter Offering (April 12, 2020). This offering supports the world evangelism efforts.
- Church Growth Training – Cancelled.
- Board Meeting March 17th @ 7 p.m.
- Super Kids Dessert Party – March 18 – 6:30 – 7:30 Fund raiser for Super Kids going to Big Lake Camp. See Kathy Yeomans for tickets (Donation only)
- SUPER KIDS EASTER WEEKEND:
- Good Friday Service: April 10 @ 10:30 AM
- Guest Speaker: Rev. Mark Collins
- Light Lunch To Follow
- April 12 @ 9:30 AM – Easter Sunday Breakfast & Super Kids Program –
- April 12 @ 10:30 AM – Easter Morning Worship Service –
- March 26 @ 12:30- Light Lunch & talk “Living on a Budget” 1:30 – 2:30 – games
- April 23rd – Movie – TBA
- June 4th – Closing event
Here We Go Again
Winter has arrived and there will be questionable weather as to service scheduling. If in doubt, call the office (858-9308). Also, Pastor Patti would like to have easy communication with each one of us. If we do not have your email, please see Audrey Flynn or Dot Petherick. This will be used privately by Pastor Patti.
If school is cancelled, church activities will follow suit.