Something For Everyone
March Break is March 5th. to 12th. There will be no small groups or Wed. night activities for that week.
- Wednesday night Super Kids at 6:30
- Wednesday night Adult Class with Dr. Stewart at 6:30
- Sunday night at 6:00 pm –Les & Vera Ryder – 48 Ammon Road – Leader: Pastor Patti Rossiter
- Monday at 1:30 pm – Bob & Audrey Gregory, 33 Second Ave. – Leader: Audrey Gregory
- Monday at 7:00 pm – Darrell & Kathy Yeomans, 84 Woodstone – Leader: Rudy Poirier
- Tuesday at 10 a.m. — Ladies Bible study at the church – Leader: Donna Gillies
- Tuesday at 1:30 pm – Gail Chartrand – 34 Meghan St., Riverview – Leader: Rick Costain
- Thursday at 7:00 pm — Peter & Bev Nichol, 90 Fairisle Dr. – Leader: Bev Nichol
Please note change of contact
Prayer Chain…..If you have a prayer request, contact Barb MacDonald 388-9460 email@example.com When sending a prayer request, please specify which hospital the person is in.
Praying for our congregation for the week of February 26 – March 5
- Greg, Carla & Jared Gould
- Barb Jones
- Rev. Harold MacDonald
- Ray & Marge McKay
- Phyllis Wilson
If you are in doubt about a service due to weather conditions, call the church office at 858-9308 or check our web site www.monctonfirst.com
If school is cancelled on a Wednesday, there will be no evening activities.
Treasurer’s Report for January 2017
- Building Fund for January $655
- Parking Lot $70 – Total to date $17,721
- NTS offering $210
Ash Wednesday – March 1st
We will be having a pancake, sausage & beans supper at 6 p.m. Following the supper, the children and youth will have regular classes. There will be an “Ash Wednesday” service in the sanctuary led by Pastor Patti & Dr. Stewart. Communion will be served. Ash Wednesday will co-ordinate with “40 Days of Prayer”.
The church will be open from 1-5 for prayer.
Youth Ministries Pastor
Pastor Patti and the Church Board are pleased to announce that, in the new church year, we will be praying for God’s wisdom in seeking the right person to come on staff at First Church in a part-time position as a Youth Ministries Pastor. This is a huge step for us in moving forward and one that we ask that the congregation be in prayer. Over the next month, we will be presenting our plan of how we can all partner together for a strong future for First Church. These are exciting days and we look forward to what God will do in and through us!
Sunday, March 5th, Movie night at 6 p.m. Movie title “Priceless”
On March 12th., there will be a “What We Believe” luncheon following the morning service. If you are new to the church or just want to know more about the church and our beliefs, you are welcome to attend. See Pastor Patti if you would like to attend.
March 18th. – Youth Night Concert with Zion Band
Zion Band, a group from Kingswood University, will be our guests for a night of worship and praise. Also, attending will be Teen Challenge who will bring a few testimonies. The concert will begin at 7 p.m. The band will lead in worship on the following Sunday morning, March 19th.
Cuba trip highlights – Donna Gillies will be sharing her Cuba experience with us later in March.
IMPACT – April 1st
District meeting for all pastors, board members, teachers and leaders of the church @ First Church on Saturday, April 1st. Morning sessions, lunch and dismissal early afternoon.