Over the next few months, you will notice various announcements that center around the seasons of Advent and Christmas. While Pastor Patti will not be writing and directing a musical this year, there will be many ways you can enjoy the season with your church family. Following the theme of “Simply Christmas”, we encourage you to watch for the activities coming up.
The Stewards are organizing a visitation team for shut-ins and people who would like a visit from someone in the church. If you are interested in being a part of a team, please speak to Donna Gillies.
Pastor Patti has asked for one Wednesday night a month that the adult classes (men’s, ladies, mixed adult) meet for prayer in the sanctuary. We will do this the first Wednesday of every month. Wednesday, Nov. 4th, will be the first prayer meeting. Please note that all other classes will continue as usual on prayer meeting nights.
The Children’s ministry is still in need of treats. The stores are full of boxes of suitable goodies at this time of year. Also, October 28, on Wednesday night, the children will be going to the adult classes for treats.
Meals for Shut-ins
Thank you to Donna Gillies, Linda Cole, Eleanor Wright-Joyce, Ruby Milbury, Judy Cambers, Darlene Fougere, Austin Slater, Harold MacDonald and George & Audrey Flynn for preparing & delivering homemade meals including dessert to some of our people.
- Building Fund for September – $940.00
- Parking Lot to date – $14,291.00
- Men’s Ball hockey —-Every Tuesday. 7:30p.m. – 9:30p.m.
- Silver Threads – November 3rd. @ NOON. Potluck @ the church. We will be joined by Lutes Mountain seniors. Come and bring a friend to enjoy some great fellowship.
- Men’s Breakfast….Saturday, November 14th., @ 9 a.m. Mike’s restaurant – 80 Mapleton Road. Men, let’s encourage one another.
- Ladies Christmas Tea……..November 26 @ 7 p.m. —Doors open at 6:30. Everyone welcome but you must have a ticket. See Donna Gillies for tickets. This is a great opportunity to bring a friend to enjoy the evening. Come early to take advantage of the vendors prior to the tea.
- First Sunday of Advent….November 29th…… You will receive an Advent reading booklet for your daily time with God. Interwoven through Advent and Christmas will be music of the season, special readings and a few skits and, of course, messages that bring us to this season of waiting and anticipation.
- “SIMPLY CHRISTMAS” – a time of reflection and celebration.
- All Church Christmas Banquet—–Nov. 29th at 6 p.m. Tickets available next Sunday. There is no charge for the dinner but a donation towards the cost of the dinner would be greatly appreciated. After the cost of the food, all proceeds go towards missions.
- Children’s Christmas program….December 20th., at 11 a.m.
Can you HELP
Christmas tree – Do you have an extra artificial tree that the church could borrow for the Christmas season? Please let Donna Gillies know and she will let you know when we need it brought in. And yes, we still call them “Christmas Trees”.
Remembrance Day, Wed., Nov., 11th, all classes are cancelled. The ladies class on Tuesday Nov. 10th, is also cancelled.
Tuesday morning ladies class @ 10:30a.m.
ALL ladies Welcome. The study is Character Sketches from the New Testament. The book is “Perfectly Imperfect” written by David A. Busic.
Wednesday Night Activities @ 6:30
WE HAVE SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
Kindergarten, Grade 1-2, Grade 3-4, Grade 5-6, Youth, Ladies class, Men’s class, and mixed adult class. Starting November 18th., Dr. Bill Stewart will be teaching the men’s class.
If you have a prayer request, contact Barb MacDonald 388-9460 firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: When you send a message to Barb, could you indicate which hospital the patient is in. Thanks. Offer “Thanksgiving” for answered prayer and remember those still struggling with health issues.
Praying through the directory for the week of Nov. 1-7
- Rudy, Ruth, Joel & Josh Poirier
- Paul & Louise Constable
- Rev. Harold MacDonald
- Fred & Pat Pond
- Tom & Marie Weaver