- All Wednesday activities are finished until fall, including Rick’s Bible Study
- Exercise Club (walking) – A big “Thank You” to Bev for her commitment to this ministry. The last day for walking club is Tuesday, June 12th. Thank you to all who made this a wonderful time to enjoy fellowship, while exercising. Thursday, June 14th will be a BBQ at Peter & Beverly Nicol’s home at 12:30. If your name starts with A-M, bring a salad; N-Z bring a dessert. (healthy, of course)
- Congratulations to Rev. Dr. K. Clair MacMillan on his retirement and to Rev. Mark Collins on his appointment to District Superintendent of the Atlantic Canada District. Next Sunday, June 10th we will be honoringRev. Dr. K. Clair MacMillan on his retirement. Following the service, dinner will be served in the gym.
- WORK DAY – June 9th @ 8:30 – Lunch provided
- Men’s Breakfast June 16th at 9 am (at church). See Kathy for tickets so they know how many to prepare for. No charge – donations accepted.
CHOIR PRACTICE – For June 10th Service
- June 9th after lunch on work day
Offering for Nazarene Cuban Families
As announced last week by Pastor Patti, we will be sending any money given towards the Cuban families of the 10 pastors and spouses who were killed in the Cuban air disaster of a week ago. Please prayerfully consider what you can give to help the children of these Nazarene leaders.
Mark your envelopes “Cuban Nazarenes.”
Missionary Moment – Prayers & Praise
New Theology Book on Mission in Portuguese
Early in May, 75 people gathered in Lisbon, Portugal, to celebrate the publication of a Portuguese translation of Dean Flemming’s book, Recovering the Full Mission of God: A Biblical Perspective on Being, Doing and Telling. The book provides a Wesleyan-Arminian resource for theological education and preparing people for ministry; however, the content of the book is accessible to any reader. The 44 copies of the volume (Recuperando a Missão Completa de Deus) were not enough to meet demand, so more copies will be printed for the Portugal District Assembly in November. “This is a clear sign of how much people need meaningful and helpful resources in their language for themselves, and to serve others,” said
Nikolaj Sawatzky, Eurasia Region literature coordinator.
PRAISE: Give thanks to God for people who serve through the ministry of translation.
REQUEST: Pray that readers will understand the mission of God through their study of this valuable resource, and find their place in missions.
REQUEST: Pray for more God-inspired writers who can articulate Wesleyan-Arminian theology in practical, accessible ways, aiding in the preparation of men and women for ministry and missions.
If you have a prayer request, contact Rick Costain at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 387-8076. If you would like to be contacted through the prayer chain, please let Rick or Alice know. When sending a prayer request, please specify which hospital the person is in.
Praying for our congregation for the week of June 3-10
- Hector & Eunice MacKinnon
- Craig Marsh
- Ruby Milbury
- Peter & Beverly Nicol
- Gabriel, Charmaine & Charlotte Gallant